Wednesday, June 17, 2015

The Holy City of Banaras

It was Deja vu for me! Going back to Varanasi (Kashi or Banaras or Benaras.. whatever you like) after a gap of 12 long years... and it was a life changing trip for sure...

Varanasi takes it's name from two rivers - Varuna and Assi which flow through Banaras and join in to Ganga which is the lifeline for the city. Of course the other lifeline is my Alma Mater - Banaras Hindu University now also renamed as Kashi Hindu University!

This was a business trip I was supposed to be on but turned out to be a soul searching trip for me! There is something about Banaras, about the ghats, the narrow lanes, the timeless existence of the city that feels spiritual in itself. No it's not about the hundred thousand temples which occupy the city.. that's the commercial part... it's the history and more history around the city which encapsulates one!

Some pics below of the ghats of Banaras.. hope you enjoy them

The pics are taken from my Mi3 phone camera (13mp).. oh how I wished I should have taken my SLR..

















2 comments:

Swathi said...

Banaras is a divine place.It is very famous for its beauty and divinity.Loved reading your blog.Thank you for sharing such a wonderful post.Want to travel and explore the places then book tickets in Paulo Travels and have a wonderful trip.

Unknown said...

This is really a wonderful blog. I am glad to see this. Thanks for sharing your information and photos with us. keep posting like this.